- A candidate for the degree of either an MPhil or PhD who wishes to carry out research at this Institute must hold an appropriate degree from an approved university prior to commencement of research.
- Irrespective of a candidate's qualifications, this Institute must satisfy itself that a candidate is of the required academic standard to complete the scheme of research proposed.
- Certified copies of degree certificates must be submitted to the Wessex Institute of Technology before commencement of the research programme.
- Students whose first language is not English will also be required to demonstrate an adequate knowledge of English.
- Two independent academc references must be received for all applicants.
Wessex Institute of Technology degrees are validated and awarded by the University of Wales, UK.