The main objective of this course is to update technicians and engineers involved in developing and implementing new technologies in the sector of wastewater plant management. The course aims to teach specific skills relating to the design, construction and management of a water treatment plant. Some of the course themes that will be covered are as follows:
- Develop and market digital systems for the management of pipelines and water and wastewater distribution networks.
- Manage processes, data and information through ICT platforms and applications.
- Use of innovative and sustainable materials.
- Adoption of systems for saving and recovering energy in water treatment processes.
The target audience is expected to be water purification technicians and engineers who need to design and oversee the construction of wastewater treatment plants and supervise the operation of these plants. They can expect to be responsible for management from an administrative point of view and carrying out the numerous obligations required by law. This role would include ensuring that the operation of the system complies with agreed service levels and environmental protection legislation. Technicians and engineers working in this industry can be found operating either in the public sector or the private sector wherever there is a need to process water resulting from human activities. The course may also be of interest to those who operate as consultants or owners of a water treatment company.
- Introduction to urban wastewater treatment plants
- Sewage and Sludge line design
- Biological and nutrient removal
- Organic with attached crops
- Advanced treatments and disinfection
- Small plants
- Reuse of wastewater
- Functional and management controls
- Design criteria and costs
Prof. Giovanni Perillo
Graduated in Civil Engineering from the University of Naples Federico II, Italy and has been Professor of Environmental Topics at University of Naples Parthenope. He is currently Visiting Professor of
He has been involved in several worldwide international research projects and he is the author of more than 120 scientific publications in many fields of engineering. He is currently a member of several International Scientific Committees worldwide. He is a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Energy Engineering Science and Journal of Hydrology Science, published by Publishing Group, New York, USA, of which he is also Auditor Scientific Officer. He has also planned several highly-technical engineering projects in the environmental field. Since 1996 he is a member of the National Geographic Society and since 1996 a member of the New York Academy of Sciences. He was chairman of the Italian National Environment Commission and has received Public Merit of Italian Prime Minister, awarded in 2011.